Saturday, April 13, 2013

Keepin' it real (small)

Time is going so fast. We four have been talking about what we want to do in our last few months here...that list is long and (to me) a little overwhelming.

Of course, part of the problem is that we really love it here. It's hard to think about leaving.

Tonight Sean told me, in so many words, to relax.

Tranquila.

So for the moment, I'm keeping it real small.

Wilhelmina and I are at a coffee shop now.

We just encountered this intriguing piece
of pasta in the street on the walk here.
It reminds me that soon we will have to
pack up our red van and regresa to the EUA!
Tranquila...tranquila.
Also noted on the walk to the coffee shop:
one of our many friendly vecinos. We feel
like we've gotten to know so many warm
and wonderful people. And dogs. 
This coffee shop makes the best freaking
milkshakes ever.
Mejores malteados del mundo entero.


2 comments:

  1. In Salt Lake last spring I can remember a conversation that anticipated this situation. One of you observed that it would be difficult to do everything you wanted to do even in the space of a year. Even though Jo and I have had only a fraction of a year with you, we are already dreaming about returning to your adopted city. In the meantime, however, I am planning to have a coffee milkshake at Butterfly Herbs in solidarity with Wilhelmina. It's the least I can do right now.

    Tranquila ... bueno suerté,
    Papa Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your understanding, for your visits, and for your "sacrifice" (milkshakes?). Love you!

      Delete